Shortest anticipated delivery time I have EVER SEEN!
Go see Cloverfield. Incredible.
Even I had to laugh at this - it’s weird how tube TVs act when you hold up a digital camera lens. In this case, it seems weirdly appropriate.
Taken at the gym. I haven’t seen many shows that look more generic than this one - you’ve got:
- the hapless janitor, who looks like a ripoff of Michael Richards in UHF,
- the “avant garde” (aka fruity) guy with the ice skate,
- the “sassy” (aka total bitch) chick with the frizzy hair,
- the uptight, easily flustered boss (who appears to be the chick who played Jan in the Brady Bunch movies, yes I’m sick I know),
- the mustachioed tough guy behind the meat counter (hopefully complete with some kind of war flashbacks!),
- and, in a move so un-PC I’m surprised they got away with it, the only minority on the poster doing the lowest-level bagboy job.
In the middle of all these “crazy” characters, we’ve got cool guy front and center, and the normal-looking chick to his immediate left (Pam and Jim anybody?). The only possible excuse for this kind of dreck is that execs did the writing and creation during the WGA strike.
I’m often blown away when it seems clear that people just don’t check their spelling - on restaurant menus, storefront awnings, etc. This might be the winner though.
Parting shot as we leave the FL pad for the last time…